REVISED LEVEL 3 RESTRICTIONS (26th July 2021)
Given President Ramaphosa’s announcement last night, Squash SA priority remains the health and safety of all our members. Squash SA urges everyone to be careful and cautious when playing squash at registered facilities and adhering to all Covid protocols which should be implemented as a minimum requirement to protect players’ health and relieve pressure on our health system (wear masks, maintain 1,5m physical distance and sanitise).
REVISED LEVEL 3 RESTRICTIONS
· No “Play and Stay” but “Play and Go”
· Limit to 50 people or less for indoor venues (players and club staff included) and for venues not able to hold 50 people while maintaining 1,5m physical distance at all times, 50% of club capacity to be used only – club managers and players not complying with this commit an offence and can be fined or imprisoned; club compliance officers must enforce this
· League/organised matches or just social/friendly games only (no spectators)
· Clubs to close at 9pm sharp to enable people to return home before curfew
· Alcohol may be sold at clubs from Monday to Thursday 10am to 8pm for onsite consumption only
· Singles and doubles may be played
· Masks to be worn upon entering and leaving club. Masks only to be taken off while playing on court
· Changerooms and toilets to be only used in case of an emergency. No showers or saunas etc.
· All players using courts need to be a current registered player with Squash SA through SportyHQ.com
· No sharing of equipment
· No wiping hands on walls of courts
· No water fountains – bring your own water
· Sign in procedures, sanitising and temperature checking on a recorded register
· No guests or spectators
· Only Return to Play approved Clubs to be open
Should you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me on 083 601 2098.
Squash South Africa